Moon phases, solstices, equinoxes and eclipses
Weekly, monthly and yearly calendars
Beautiful photos and illustrations
Plenty of blank/journal pages
This year we also have great article contributions from teachers globally. Whether you are new to Yoga or a seasoned Yogi/ni, we trust the contributors’ knowledge and passion about their topics will enrich your Yoga practice. If there are topics you would like to see in these pages next year, please send us your suggestions. We will be expanding upon many of these subjects (and also introducing new ones) in upcoming years.
- Asana Overview: Poses for the Seven Chakras introduces this year’s asanas and how the affect the chakra system.
- Patanjali’s Eight-Limbed Path of Yoga presents this holistic life-affirming system compiled by the sage Patanjali.
- Anatomy and Yoga encourages much needed anatomical awareness in Yoga practice.
- Yoga and Thai massage looks at the background and essence of this powerful healing technique.
- Yoga, Ayurveda and the Seasons explores the three Ayurvedic doshas in the context of the seasons.
- Helicoidal Flow: Yoga as a Body Holiday details how spiral movement can lead us into happiness and freedom.
- Our Ten Energy Bodies summarise these Kundalini teachings from a very pragmatic angle.
- Yoga and Food considers food within the Yogic understanding of the interconnection of body, mind and spirit.
- Mandalas: Mystical Meditative Diagrams defines what mandalas are and how they can be used in meditation.
- Shiva-Shakti: Exploring Masculine and Feminine Energies address these two complementary energies existing in all things.
- Yoga in the First Person recounts a flying acroyogi’s battle between her camera and her Yoga mat.
- Yoga as Service, Yoga as Business questions whether Yoga’s essence may be getting lost in our capitalist societies of the West.
- Taking Yoga beyond the Mat looks at Respira Alegría‘s work in Barcelona among Yogis with learning difficulties.
- The Sequence is a warming-up routine designed to start harmonising breath and movement in a playful and easy way.
- Festivals and Celebrations is a listing of the main Yoga events around the world.